Sunday, January 1, 2012

HBHL- 1 Jan 2012


Healthy Body Healthy Lifers,

Welcome to my first "live" blog!! Thanks to all of my readers for making Healthy Body Healthy Life such a success, inspiring me every day, and motivating me to share my blog with the public.

For any original HBHL'ers the blog format is going to change slightly- just be on the lookout for shorter, but more frequent blogs on various topics.  Each week you'll still get workouts, nutrition tips, fitness information, and healthy recipes, they will just be coming out in a different way.  You will also have to click to the Powerbodyz Workouts page on my blog to get your weekly PBz workout- see tab above.

**Local Montgomery, AL HBHL'ers our workouts start up this week!  Check the HBHL-AL page for details:


I'd like to ask my original crew to post some comments (if you are comfortable doing so) either on the bottom of this blog AND/OR the HBHL Facebook page, sharing your experience with the HBHL program.  Help others understand the benefits you've found through the education, tips, workouts, and recipes you've received from Healthy Body Healthy Life!

New HBHL'ers... WELCOME!! I highly recommend that you take a look at some of my previous posts to catch up on previous lessons.  There is a lot of great information on super foods, supplement usage, vitamins, preservatives, and various fitness related topics- CHECK IT OUT!!  It's all FREE!

This is the time for COMMITTING to your 2012 resolutions.  Do you want to lose weight? Get healthy? Set a better example for your kids when it comes to health and fitness?  Think naturally and holistically about your health? Do you want to get fit? Tighten those trouble spots? Learn creative tips for including whole, super foods into your diet? Whatever your health goals may be, Healthy Body Healthy Life and the HBHL community can help you!  Join us!!

WHO'S CLEANSING WITH ME?  If you are, you should be cleared by your physician and you should have read Dr Junger's CLEAN book.  This week is the elimination week.  Start eliminating all of the "NO" foods from your diet- but still eat 3 full balanced meals.  The Cleanse will commence this Saturday, Jan 7th!  I've put together an informative 21-day recipe/tip book for everyone who is cleansing. NO EXCUSES- I'm handing you the plan on a silver platter.  It requires ZERO thinking on your part- shopping lists, recipes...the works.  If you are new and are interested in joining and cleansing with us- shoot me an email at healthybodylife@me.com for more information.

Remember- it's going to get rough before it gets GREAT.  Push through the withdrawal headaches of the first week.  Push through the small cold you might get as your body starts getting all of the gunk out.  Follow the mandatory items and try as many of the optional things as you can.  Try to do the Cleanse for as long as you can- preferably the whole 21-days.  I would rather you do ONE week of perfect cleansing rather than 3 weeks where you cheat every day.  You are doing this for yourself- don't you want to know how great you can feel?? I hear some challenges have been set with various groups that are cleansing.  I'm all for it!! Challenge and motivate each other to get through these 21-days.  You can do ANYTHING for 21-days, right?  Feel free to post here on the blog or on the Facebook page, sharing your feelings.  Do you LOVE the smoothies? Which are your favorites? Maybe you LOVE the pumpkin curry soup or LOVE the raw green pea one!  How did you feel after your first DETOX bath?  Sharing is a healthy and important part of the detox process :)

Lastly, EXERCISE!!! I've got a library of powerbodyz workouts on the PBz workouts page, and we're currently editing our videos for You Tube.  Look for the powerbodyz You Tube site to launch VERY SOON.  Hot yoga starts up again on Tuesday!  I look forward to seeing all of my Montgomery HBHL'ers there- I've missed you all :)

To officially join HBHL, just subscribe to this blog.  Become a blog follower, "Like" us on Facebook, join this community of like-minded individuals (and find some in your local area) and take charge of your health now!!

Have a wonderful week!  As always, feel free to email me with any questions :)

Be Educated.  Be Balanced.  Be Fit.  Be Healthy.  

Namaste,
Jannell 

Jannell MacAulay, BS Biology, MS Kinesiology
Certified yoga, powerbodyz, piyo and fitness instructor
HBHL ~ Learn. Change. Grow.
www.healthybodyhealthylife.org

5 comments:

  1. HBHL has inspired me to eat better and think about food in a totally different light. I love the community of friends I've developed by being a part of the group and the extra motivation they give me to get my workouts in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost 3% body fat in only 2 months following the HBHL program!

    Two weeks off for the holidays is a long time, I miss everyone and I miss the workouts! See you in class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HBHL has opened my eyes to a healthier life style. The variety in the program and the environment Jannell created motivates me to retake control of my life.

    It is so easy to find excuses to eat poorly, skip exercise, or not take time for yourself. This program makes changing these bad habits straightforward while embracing a well rounded life style.

    Thanks Jannell and the local HBHLs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Jannell for doing all of this! I have always been an active person, but nutrition is something I usually ignored, just figured I could eat whatever I wanted because I workout so hard. You have opened up a whole new world to me, and to my family. Thanks again for that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janell. Very cool to see this up and running, congrats! Very excited for the big cleanse.

    ReplyDelete